- Slurry transport is most cost-effective method of material transport
- High unit capacity reduces number of required equipment
- Less required operating units, so lower carbon footprint
- Significant cost savings across the entire operation
- Highest safety and degree of automation and AI guarantees safe dredging
Re-handling tailings with IHC dredgers
Since tailings consist of already processed and often fine-grained material, it is ideally suited for slurry transport, especially when the tailings are stored in a submerged environment. Tailings re-handling can benefit from dredging due to low OPEX and high production rates, which support the feasibility of tailings re-handling business cases.
IHC is the market leader in dredging, with over 300 years of experience. We design and build a variety of standardised (Beaver®) and custom-built cutter and wheel suction dredgers (CSDs, WSDs) to meet all customer needs, no matter where the project is located or the specific (soil) conditions.