Our cablelay tensioners are proven in the field, and have laid cables on multiple offshore wind farm and interconnector projects.
Cablelay tensioners typically have a two-track, vertical configuration. However, we are able to provide horizontal tensioners, as well as three- and four-track variants.
Our tensioners are designed to improve the safety and efficiency of your offshore operations. We use reliable load- and distance-sensing systems which provide accurate data for your cablelay project.
We specialise in tailoring tensioners to customers’ specific requirements, and previous modifications include containerised solutions and custom distance measuring systems.
Unique Selling points
- Breakback feature for quadrant passage and vertical loading
- Hydraulic or electric drive
- Can be containerised for easy transportation
- Iterative design process including feedback from IHC rental fleet
Range of tensioners available
- Line tension: 5Te – 30Te (larger capacities available with pipelay tensioners)
- Product diameter: 50mm – 350mm
- Application: inter-array, export and HVDC interconnector cables
- Drive: hydraulic or electric