The General Dredging Course by the IHC Training Institute aims at improving your knowledge of different dredging applications, equipment selection, dredging processes, hydrographic surveying, soil characteristics and project management. The course is designed for both technical and non-technical management professionals in dredging-related industries.
- Gain thorough knowledge of the deployment and production of widely used dredging equipment
- Select dredging equipment based on project types, soil characteristics and environmental issues
- Identify and analyse constraints on site as well as on the dredger and develop a workable plan
- Determine the production and calculate the costs of the deployment of dredge equipment
- Describe and explain commonly used contractual terms and clauses and how these affect the process
- Different dredging applications within port or offshore, eg. maintenance dredging, capital dredging, beach nourishments etc.
- Dredge project phases (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction and maintenance)
- Dredging equipment; deployment and boundaries
- Scoping site conditions (soil characteristics, environmental aspects)
- Fundamentals of hydrographic surveying
- Dredge project management including costs and contracts
- Fundamentals of hydraulic transportation and dredge pumps
- Offshore mining