The course involves the operation of your own dredging equipment. Highly skilled and experienced Dutch dredge masters will provide practical instructions on board of the vessel.
This on-the-job training will strengthen and consolidate the theoretical and practical knowledge and skills of the operators. They can then bring their knowledge and skills in to practice during their daily duties and improve the overall efficiency of the dredger.
- Enhanced ability to operate dredgers in an economical and safe way
- Improved understanding of the practical aspects in dredge operations
- Increased ability to use skills and knowledge on board a dredger
This course is open to crews from all IHC dredgers. The exact agenda will be determined onboard and depends on the type of dredger and on the current situation. Events occurring onboard during the training can be used as examples in the training programme. Potential subjects include:
- desk controls
- start-up and shut-down procedures
- manoeuvering procedures
- dredging procedures
- dredging in different soil types
- operational optimisation for challenging situations
- production optimisation
- safety procedures
- use of dredging automation.