Managing a dredging project requires specific skills and knowledge. The objective of project staff training is to improve the capabilities of trainees. The intensive five-day course covers the tools and techniques required to guide a project in an interactive way.
- Set-up dredging projects and optimise running dredging projects
- Calculate and interpret the cost of dredging projects based on industry standards
- Perform risk analyses
- Set-up the overall and financial planning
- Know how to follow up a dredging project
The course will give insight on the following topics:
- different dredging applications within ports, rivers, and coastal areas, such as maintenance dredging, capital dredging and environmental dredging
- dredging equipment types and boundaries for their use
- cutter suction and trailing suction hopper dredger layout and components
- practical aspects of dredging operations
- fundamentals of hydraulic transportation and dredge pumps
- scoping site conditions, for example soil characteristics, environmental aspects and meteorological condition
- dredge project phases, including identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction and maintenance
- dredge project management, including costs and contracts.