Pumping slurry is a complex and important process. During the training course, emphasis is put on the hydraulic transport of solid-water mixtures with centrifugal pumps and through pipeline systems. The programme is aimed at project office engineers, and R&D and design engineers.
- Analysing the processes involved in hydraulic slurry transport
- Performing pump calculations
- Assessing the interaction between pump, drive and pipelines
The course will focus on different aspects of the pump and slurry process, such as:
- dredge pump and drive characteristics
- dynamic effects (pump and drives)
- pipeline systems
- the interaction between pump, drive and pipelines
- the influence of solid particles
- dynamic effects in the pump – pipeline systems
- the fundamentals of hydraulic transportation and dredge pumps.