During IHC’s TSHD maintenance training programme, the initial operational procedures will be outlined and participants will be familiarised with the basic practical aspects of operating and maintaining the machinery on board.
- Familiarisation with manuals/document structure
- Enhanced ability to read technical drawings
- Increased ability to find the fault of most common alarms
- How to find the maintenance interval in the documentation
- General troubleshooting and maintenance
The following operational modes, procedures and maintenance of on board machinery will be covered:
- main engines
- thermal oil, oil separators and boosters
- cooling water and fuel transfer systems
- propulsion systems
- hydraulic installations
- dredge pumps
- valves and gland pumps
- bilge, ballast and firefighting pumps.