Anchor handling tug
Our new class of anchor handling tugs (AHT) facilitates efficient and sustainable infrastructure development for offshore wind farms. A purpose built, methanol fuelled AHT vessel with optimised storage capacity able to operate 24/7 in the harshest offshore environments.
Shorten installation times and reduce the number of vessels needed in the field all while scaling up your commercial capabilities in the development of floating wind parks.
With our methanol fuelled AHT vessel you can lead the way in the energy transition.
Fit for purpose design
The AHT vessel is primarily designed for installation of infrastructure offshore, towing of Floating Offshore Wind Turbines (FOWT), and for handling anchors and mooring lines. It includes DP class 2 capability, storage on-board for mooring lines, 600t anchor handling/ towing winch and 275 tons bollard pull. This next generation anchor handler can be used for towing and installation of FOWT’s on an industrial scale.
Our AHT vessels are ready to meet your needs for sustainable operations in wind farms with cost effective solutions. Net zero emissions at the wind farms are achieved by using a methanol battery hybrid power propulsion system.
Key focus points in development
The vessel is designed in line with Royal IHC's proven offshore hull design, characterised by good sea-keeping and crew comfort.
In the development of this vessel, key points are:
- crew and passengers safety
- environmental responsibility
- optimised hull and dynamic positioning performance
- operational effectiveness
- comfortable living and working environment
- a high level of autonomy
The outcome is a robust and flexible design which can be fitted to your requirements for a bespoke technical solution.
Efficient and safe installation
Benefit from a vessel with a specialist mission in mind. An anchor handling and towing vessel based on a long-standing track record of designing and building class leading, complex, integrated DP vessels for the offshore industry. All of which has resulted in an asset that is not only very efficient, but also safe in operation.
- fit for purpose anchor handling system for catenary installation of offshore wind turbines
- optimised storage capacity for chains and mooring lines catering to majority of future offshore wind turbine designs
- battery assisted dual fuel hybrid power generation based on methanol
- designed to work safely in harsh and challenging offshore environments around the world
- 55 person accommodation able to facilitate a 24/7 work schedule and 20 day autonomy on clean energy
How can we help you?
Our experts are happy to help!