Our design and engineering experts not only bring their comprehensive knowledge of operations and equipment, but also detailed experience of the multiple types of vessels across various markets. Royal IHC designs are simple and proven where possible, but also ground-breaking when required.
- unparalleled track record
- extensive experience in equipment integration and design
- all disciplines in-house
- design for production.
Royal IHC has an unparalleled track record in designing concepts for the dredging, offshore and a range of other markets. Based on a customer’s functional and operational requirements, designs are developed in partnership between our customers, emphasising maximum workability and low operational costs against a reduced capital investment.
Our equipment expertise benefits the overall efficiency of the vessel, integrating and adapting existing or newly designed equipment in an early stage of the conceptual design. This experience puts us at the forefront of our customers’ minds for the ship concept design of dredging and offshore construction vessels.
During basic engineering, the final design and performance of the vessel is determined. Among other activities, the hull form is optimised, and the power and propulsion package balanced using Royal IHC’s advanced in-house tools. Furthermore, a selection of makers for the main systems take place. The emphasis is placed on generating efficiency, reducing fuel consumption and emissions, and other sustainability measures.
In addition to owner approval and acceptance, our deliverables meet all project requirements and statutory approvals, the need to be made fit-for-class, as well as provide a solid basis for detailed engineering.
Typical deliverables include:
- Naval: stability calculations, seakeeping and dynamic positioning analysis
- Structural: design, calculations, analysis, scantlings drawings and deck layouts
- Machinery: system layouts, P&IDs and hull interface drawings, equipment specifications
- Electrical: single-line diagrams, load balances, system diagrams, electrical layouts
- Interior: arrangements for the comfort of crew onboard
- Regulatory compliance packages for all disciplines
Roderick den Ouden
Need practical designs for new equipment, vessels or conversions, facilitate complex operations? Get in touch and our experts will help you!