- gain overview of different dredging projects and dredging equipment
- set-up of dredging organization and project teams
- select dredging equipment based on project types and soil characteristics
- gain insight in project phases
- identify the dredging constrains in relation to dredging project and equipment.
This two-day training is held at the IHC Training Institute in Kinderdijk, The Netherlands.
Note: we can customize and personalize this, or any other, training to your specific needs and wishes. Contact us for more information.
The training will consist of technical lectures, workshops and group discussions. The participants will get individual and group assignments.
The following topics will be covered during this training:
- port maintenance
- land reclamation
- dredge mining
- life-cycle of a project
Dredging equipment & components
- trailing suction hopper dredgers
- cutter suction dredgers
- mechanical dredgers
- site conditions
- environmental conditions
- soil characteristics
- determination of dredger production
- calculation of dredger costs
Event Coordinator, IHC Training Institute (ITI)
Register for our Introduction to dredging course