IHC training simulators are useful for TSHD operators in order to advance their dredge process awareness, competences, experience and efficiency without the need to utilise expensive on board equipment. Investment in a simulator saves money, fuel, emissions and training time. Newly recruited trainees can reach the same level as experienced operators and enhance overall efficiency on a TSHD.
- Accelerated learning and experience curves for TSHD operators
- Better utilisation of the TSHD, improved safety and less downtime
- Realistic control consoles, process presentation and outside view
- Multiple trainee classroom possible
- Features soil, vessel and environmental parameters – trainer can influence the process
- Simulates operational and safety aspects of the TSHD dredging process: suction pipe handling, pumping, hopper loading process and discharging process by dumping, rainbowing or pumping ashore.
- Includes simulation of jet, gland and flushing water, and the hydraulic system (simulated soil properties influence all models).
- Realistic front and rear outside views, with free flying ‘camera’ and weather and sea state conditions, enhanced by vibration and sound simulation.
- DTM, job area and soil properties can be uploaded from survey data and updated in real time during simulation.
- ‘Water’ can be drained for a vivid impression of the dredged seafloor or profile.