The I-Trencher is a versatile trenching system with a high power-to-weight ratio. This tracked trencher is suitable for trenching and backfilling flowlines, umbilicals and cable products.
- World leading 1.25MW power
- Combined cutting and jetting with no reconfiguration required
- Custom sand share for minimum trench collapse
- Detachable buoyancy modules for operations on soft seabeds
- SS5 LARS with heave compensation
Cutting, trenching and backfilling system
The I-Trencher is a self-propelled and highly manoeuvrable tracked machine that has been designed with three primary modes of operation: cutting using digger chains, open V-cut trenching, and backfilling.
All three operations are performed using digger chain assemblies – proven mine-based technology – instead of cutting and transporting soil.
The I-Trencher is capable of excavating a two-metre deep trench in a single pass at a maximum water depth of 1,500m.