Export cables interconnect offshore wind farm substation (OSS) with the shore. As offshore wind farms are installed further offshore and their general is increasing, the size and length of the export cables are increasing too. Installing and protecting these cables is a delicate task and requires the right asset.
The CLV T7000-28 is built for a specialist, offshore wind cablelay project. The vessel has been designed drawing on our knowledge of cable installation operations in combination with building highly integrated offshore vessels and equipment. A lean design of material flows and storage has resulted in a vessel sized appropriately for any project. All stages of a cablelay operation have been taken into account, from load-out at the cable manufacturer to burial of the cable into the seabed.
The vessels are outfitted with two carousels which allow for simultaneous loading resulting in fast load-outs and time savings. The tensioners will have sufficient capacity to guide the cable also into the deeper water. The vessel also includes sufficient bollard pull and it is equipped with an integrated Launch and Recover System for ploughing operations.
- high cable lay speed
- integrated cable lay system
- excellent seakeeping behavior
- low fuel consumption (zero emission solutions available)
- efficient ploughing capabilities.
- optimised cable payload capacity, 5000t – 10,000t
- different carousel solutions available
- efficient cable installation
- tensioners with breakback functionality
- carousels suitable for different diameters and MBR
- LARS system for plough
- large deck space
- sufficient bollard pull.
LuukKosterSales manager integrated vessels
Our experts are happy to help you configure your optimal export cable vessel.